There’s a lot of creativity in bathroom renovations, especially when picking suitable materials. After all, if you change the floors, countertops, or tiles, you should know which materials will meet your standards and which should be left by the wayside.
This guide will familiarize you with some of the most common bathroom renovation materials and the expected prices. We’ll also show how to assess accurate material prices with help from the team at Northshore Renovations and Contracting.
Your Basic Bathroom Construction Materials List
Every bathroom has a few major components that a renovation will address.
Whether you’re prepping for a big refurbishment or gearing up for a mid-sized improvement, you’ll need to consider at least some of the following materials:
- Flooring: You should choose a flooring set that maximizes your comfort without succumbing to a high-humidity environment. Keep in mind that some flooring options are far pricier than others!
- Countertops: A solid surface will provide plenty of utility while melding the color palette of your bathroom and household.
- Cabinets: Custom storage areas keep personal things out of sight without staying out of mind and come with plenty of organizational tools to keep track of hygiene products.
- Fixtures: Are you a fan of rain shower heads? Would you prefer a hot tub to sit center stage? Now’s the time to decide!
- Backsplashes: Backsplashes will bring all your design ideas together. Just don’t forget to pick a material that can withstand some abuse!
Now that you know what to expect, let’s dig into the real meat and potatoes: the price tags.
Mid- Vs. High-End Materials For Your Bathroom Renovation
The materials you use in your custom bathroom can make or break the outcome and, frankly, your budget.
Here’s what you can expect to pay for your bathroom renovation materials, with prices moving from steep to cheap:
- Stone: $30 $48 per square foot
- Tile: $7 to $25 per square foot
- Laminate: $2.70 to $11 per square foot
- Marble: $40 to $100 per square foot
- Granite: $40 to $60 per square foot
- Tile (Ceramic): $. 50 to $35 per square foot
- High-Range Brands: $10,000+ per appliance
- Mid-Range Brands: $700 to $5,000 per appliance
- Economy Brands: $50 to $1,000 per appliance
- Natural Stone: $4 to $32 per square foot
- Brick: $15 to $22 per square foot
- Tile: $10 to $40 per square foot
Get A Price-Accurate List From Northshore Renovations and Contracting
The prices for bathroom materials are ever-changing, particularly in this economic climate. If you’re interested in a price-accurate list for your home in Mandeville, LA, don’t hesitate to reach out to Northshore Renovations and Contracting.