Termite season has finally arrived in Mandeville, LA. More than ever, property owners must be vigilant in checking their homes for these wood-destroying pests.
Unfortunately, termites are more challenging to identify than most people realize. These insects often go undetected until their colonies have swelled to a massive size.
So how can you tell if there are active termites in your house? Let’s explore common signs of termite damage in Mandeville, LA, including how to tell old damage from new.
Common Signs of Termite Damage
There are three major signs to keep in mind. These include:
- Mud tubes on the exterior of your home. They often appear to be small dirt clods running along walls and floors. Upon closer inspection, you’ll see that they’re actually hollow tunnels made up of bits of wood and soil.
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood when tapped. You may notice small piles of wood shavings underneath these areas (called frass) or 1/4 inch holes bored into the frame.
- Blisters in paint or wallpaper. Termite damage often looks like water damage, as the insects create small tunnels and cavities behind these surfaces. As a result, you may see bubbled or raised areas on your walls.
If you think or know that any of these symptoms are present in your home in Mandeville, LA, you will need to move straight into the identification phase. This includes checking the age of the damage to identify active versus inactive infestations.
Old Termite Damage Signs
- There are no frass piles or wood shavings present.
- The damage looks weathered, as opposed to fresh and clean-cut.
- There is no obvious activity, such as swarms of termites or alate wings.
New Termite Damage Signs
- The frass piles are still present.
- Wood damage is still very fresh.
- There is an obvious activity of a termite infestation.
If you’re still unsure about the age of the damage, it would be best to consult a professional. You may also need to seek services to repair affected areas of your home.
Thankfully, Northshore Renovations provide termite repair services.
The Best Termite Repair Contractor in Mandeville, LA
Northshore Renovations & Contracting, LLC proudly offers termite damage renovation services to homeowners affected by wood-eating pests. in Covington, Madisonville, and Mandeville, LA. Backed by a full guarantee and more than thirty years of experience, we are your go-to termite repair contractor in Covington, Madisonville, and Mandeville, LA.
Our process begins with a consultation during which we thoroughly inspect your property for damage caused by termites. We will then provide you with an estimate for repairs.Contact Us