Bathroom renovations are an excellent opportunity to stretch your creative legs. However, they’re not something you can afford to mess up — or (accidentally) give the short end of the stick.
If you don’t want to be left with a less-than-lovely final product after your bathroom renovation process, you should plan and consider the pitfalls well in advance. That includes evaluating all best practices, including what you ought to do (and what not to do).
Here’s everything you need to know about the Dos and Dont’s of bathroom renovations in Mandeville, Madisonville, and Covington, LA.
The Five Dos and Dont’s of a Bathroom Renovation
A whole lot is riding on your upcoming bathroom renovation — and messing up just isn’t an option.
Let’s look at some ways to stay out of trouble:
- Don’t: Forget the functional elements of your bathroom. A high-end veneer is always nice, but the components that go into it could make or break your room.
Do: Focus on storage, lights, ventilation, and appliances. A bathroom renovation is more than just a pretty face!
- Don’t: Ignore the little things. If you take the time and effort to remodel a bathroom, you ought to upgrade even the most minor elements.
Do: Consider the paint colors, lights, drawer knobs, and other tiny details. Your future self will thank you!
- Don’t: Break any ground without following a design plan. Without it, you may be unhappy with the outcome or even disappointed with the money you spent (more on that later).
Do: Build a blueprint alongside a trained designer. This allows you to ‘see’ your results before they happen and make adjustments as necessary.
- Don’t: Avoid setting a budget. This leaves far too much room for your project to go south, or at the very least, you can eat through more money than you thought.
Do: Pin down the exact amount of money you want to spend. If you’re unsure how much your bathroom renovations will cost, get in touch with the Northshore Renovations and Contracting experts.
- Don’t: Google ‘bathroom renovations near me.’ You’ll end up with a huge list of providers with very little context.
Do: Look through reviews and ask friends for advice to find the perfect bathroom renovation specialist for your needs — including the top-rated interior services provided by Northshore Renovations and Contracting.
Do Your Bathroom Renovation Right With Northshore Renovations and Contracting
Northshore Renovations and Contracting is the ultimate interior specialist of Mandeville, Madisonville and Covin LA. Boasting more than 30 years of experience in the field, we’ve walked alongside hundreds of homeowners in developing their perfect bathroom space. From avoiding renovation pitfalls and snafus to bringing your design dreams to life, we know just how to navigate the Dos and Don’ts — no matter what you want out of your bathroom.
You can start working with Northshore Renovations and Contracting after a quick phone call. We’ll schedule a time to visit your home and offer a timeline before getting started. Ready to get a full quote instead? Just fill out our online quote form today.