Luxury bathroom flooring should stand as the highlight of a renovated restroom. Selecting the appropriate material, with myriad colors, patterns, and textures available, can be challenging.
In this guide, we delve into the two predominant luxury flooring types: natural stone and marble. We will dissect their aesthetics before providing tips on making the ideal choice for your bathroom floor.
Two Luxury Flooring Options For Bathroom Renovations
Modern bathroom renovations predominantly utilize two luxury flooring materials: natural stone and marble.
Here’s a comprehensive look at both.
Marble flooring is a timeless choice, renowned for its durability and design elegance. Its resistance to cracking ensures longevity even in frequently used bathroom areas.
- There are several different types available to discerning homeowners:
- Breccia: Beige to red hues
- Carrara: White to gray, highlighted by gray veins
- Calacatta: White to gray, accentuated with gold veins
- Talathello: Shades between gray and brown
- Emperado: Brown-gray to almost black
- Crema Marfia: Whitish-tan to creamy hues
- Black Marble: Solid black to black with greenish tinges
Two primary surface finishes, polished and honed marble, offer choices. While polished marble gleams with reflective luminosity, honed marble provides a matte, textured finish that lends grip and color depth.
Remember: natural marble is mined directly from the ground, which means every tile’s pattern and color may be somewhat different. This unpredictability makes bathroom spaces feel more ergonomic, contributing to the luxe look and feel of your space.
Natural Stone Options
Natural stone flooring, sometimes referred to as natural stone tile, is a beautiful addition to any bathroom space. Since producers mine each piece from natural stone deposits, no two slabs are ever truly alike.
With natural stone flooring, you can create a warm, welcoming atmosphere that corresponds to almost any color pattern. The most common types of natural stone include:
- Granite: Ranging from light tans to rich grays and blacks
- Travertine: Ranging from rusty red to dusty or creamy brown
- Sandstone: Ranging from earthen brown to sea green
- Slate: Ranging from darker grays to mottled browns, typically with a matte finish
Beyond polished or matte, finishes include unfilled, filled, chipped, brushed, and tumbled variants. Consult with Northshore Renovations and Contracting for a detailed breakdown of these options.
How To Choose The Right Material For Your Bathroom Floor
Your perfect luxury bathroom flooring resonates with your personal style and practical preferences. Contemplate the following before finalizing your choice:
- Desired floor colors or textures
- Maintenance expectations post-renovation
- Any specific color or pattern aversions
- Flooring types that align with your design aspirations
- Anticipated floor usage and wear
For guidance through these considerations, Northshore Renovations and Contracting stands ready to assist. Their adept bathroom renovators can provide tailored solutions befitting your needs.
For Flooring Installation and High-End Bathroom Design, Trust Northshore Renovations and Contracting
Natural stone and marble are stunning flooring options for any renovated bathroom space. Once you’ve decided on the right look for your home, you can get in touch with a professional bathroom contractor to move forward with your vision.
Northshore Renovations and Contracting is always available to help, offering customized solutions and white-glove service. We specialize in flooring installation and high-end bathroom design, so all you need to do is choose your favorite material.
If you are ready to start on luxury bathroom renovations, you can get in touch with our team at (985) 845-3640. You may also visit our local office at 239 Dummyline Road, Madisonville, LA 70447. Professional bathroom renovations are just a phone call away.